General Manager - Operations
Challenging & Rewarding opportunity to lead multiple business units
Location: Geelong Region of Victoria, Australia.
Please read on for more details about this role and our company. When you get ready to apply, simply email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARMS Reliability operates globally to support world-leading mining, oil, and manufacturing companies maintain the reliability of their assets whilst delivering optimum performance and achieving regulatory compliance. Already experiencing high levels of growth in all areas, this exciting and innovative company requires a General Manager – Operations to join their Australian head office and help continue to drive growth and manage performance. If you are motivated by success, and you’re a commercial and operations management “gun”, then we would like to hear from you!
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for:
- Overall performance of Consulting Services division
- Leading strategic development initiatives
- Implementing a business plan for the business unit as part of the company’s strategic plan
- Establishing and nurturing commercial arrangements, and corporate client relationships
- Providing leadership to regional managers and the growing operational team.
- Project delivery and management methods for global business units to meet defined contractual obligations, including financial management and change management process
- Regular reporting to CEO and Board of Directors
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- At least 5 years’ experience in operational or service management
- An ability to work in a multicultural environment
- An ability to work autonomously; self-motivated
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an aptitude for leadership and training
- A strong team culture with excellent ethics and a previous track record of success in a growth environment
Established in Australia in 1995, our client has since opened offices in the United States, South Africa , and UK/Europe to help service their client base. This year they will open offices in South America and Canada.
The growth of operations has lead to a need to restructure the organization and appoint a senior manager to the management team. As such we require an innovative leader that is excited by the opportunity to help grow our team and be responsible for the performance of the services unit.
We are seeking someone with a track record of success in the engineering, service or consulting sector. Above all, we want you to be passionate about achieving results through exemplary customer relationship management, professional project management and have the desire to join a company that will reward you accordingly.
Some More about Our Organization
We are industry leaders in providing solutions across a wide range of industries. We combine Training and Practical Expert knowledge to deliver valuable outcomes to our customers. Experience in negotiating win:win commercial arrangements, leading an organization, developing high performing teams, and working in a dynamic and busy environment are the key ingredients we seek.
Our mission is to be the premier service provider to a global market. We have enjoyed high levels of growth throughout North America and Australia, particularly in the mining and manufacturing, power and utility sectors.
Future Growth, success and further expansion of our resources remain key focuses for our company over the next one to five years. If you are successful in your application you will become an integral part of our management team and through your active contributions will help to drive further success.
What differentiates ARMS Reliability from other Reliability service providers?
- People who are experienced, qualified, passionate and highly expert
- We take pride in innovation
- Powerful software application
- One of the leading training providers in Problem Solving methods
- Efficient work methods proven over multiple clients and industries.
- Knowledge availability through extensive experience accumulated over last 17 years.
- A leader in the application and training provision of Reliability Methods
- Success with many large global customers
- Success built on long term customer relationships.
- We reward excellent performance
- We value a healthy work and personal life balance
- We encourage people to grow along with the company
Your Personal Attributes
Your 'personal' qualities are very important to us. Here's a quick list...
- Great communication skills
- A “likeable” person easy to relate to and enjoy being with
- Prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- “the buck stops with you” approach
- A Leader who can nurture, develop, and motivate a team while maintaining an excellent workplace culture
- Initiative and Drive
- Motivated by the enjoyment of Success and Excellent Results
- Energetic and excited about where we’re heading
- Wants responsibility and directorship
Are you ready for the next step...?
If you’re excited by the opportunity to put your stamp on the success of a company with big eyes for growth, the next step is to apply.
Simply email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.