Make higher value decisions. Improve performance. Manage risk.
Investment planning is a complex balancing act of deciding which investments to complete given the practical, performance and cost constraints in place. Quite simply, to derive maximum value with the resources you have, a consistent value framework is required, supported by time-based optimization.
Are you experiencing any of these problems?
- Investment decisions are based on a prioritization not optimization
- Investment decisions seem subjective
- Investment decisions don’t have any common basis for comparison
- The Investment decision and planning process is unstructured and inconsistent
- Unable to justify planned asset expenditures to external stakeholders
Asset Investment Planning and Management (AIPM) is a best practice in asset management that embodies the key principles of ISO 55000. Using a structured investment value framework, you are able to evaluate investments and their associated risk mitigation and/or benefit realization. Utilizing a time based method, accounting for risk, benefits and degradation, a true optimization process supports the time shifting of potential investments to deliver not just the best investments, but the best investment implementation plan.