- The purpose of this course is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct a thorough incident investigation prior to starting an RCA.
- Incidents occur every day in the workplace. The failure of people, equipment, the environment and management systems to behave as expected cause most of these incidents. Incidents and injuries are always undesirable. Investigating incidents is important to learn what went wrong so repeat occurrences can be prevented. In this workshop, attendees will learn why to conduct incident investigations and how to capture information vital for performing an effective root cause analysis.
- Duration and Delivery
- 1-day face-to-face classroom, or
- 7.5-hours remote web conferencing
- Who should attend?
Supervisors, Engineers, LEAN Specialists, 6 Sigma Black Belts, Designers Engineers, Safety Representatives, Administrators, Continuous / Healthcare Improvement Specialists, Business Analysts, IT Professionals, HR Personnel.
- Benefits of Incident Investigation
- Pillars of Investigation Readiness
- Incident Investigation Process
- Securing the Incident Scene
- Team selection
- Data collection at site
- Developing a timeline
- Interview techniques
- Learning Path
- Prerequisites: None
- Next Steps: RCA201A - Apollo Root Cause Analysis Facilitators Course