- An introduction to effective problem solving using Root Cause Analysis
- This is a perfect first course into effective problem solving and a required course for anyone who participates in Root Cause Analysis
- Students will learn how to apply RCA to both simple systems and complex groups of systems
- The students will learn root cause analysis. They will work several instructor-led exercises that build upon each other to learn how to identify causes and to recognize the difference between actions and conditions.
- The students will be exposed to a new way of thinking about a problem and learn a step-by-step method to solve any problem the workplace can present.
- Each module builds upon the progression of effective solution generation in an approach that complements the RCA Facilitator Course and its methodology
Why you should attend
- Suffering high maintenance costs and unplanned downtime
- Experiencing recurring problem and/or lack of confidence in current solutions
- Experiencing a lack of follow through on corrective actions
- Challenges in getting management and stakeholders to buy into our vision for reliability initiatives
- Duration and Delivery
- 1-day face-to-face classroom, or
- 8-hours remote web conferencing, typically over 2 days
- Who should attend?
Supervisors, Engineers, LEAN Specialists, 6 Sigma Black Belts, Maintenance Trades, Designers Engineers, Safety Representatives, Operators, Administrators, Continuous / Healthcare Improvement Specialists, Business Analysts, IT Professionals, HR Personnel.
- Additional Information
When this course is provided privately, it can be extended to include a third day focusing on a client problem(s) with the team(s) facilitating to a resolution in a workshop environment using their new skills and following the methodology.
- Problem types
- Problem definition – what, when, where
- Why “who” is not important
- Causes and timelines
- 5 Whys and beyond
- Cause and Effect Chart creation
- The need for Evidence
- Solution brainstorming
- Solution qualification
- Selecting effective solutions
First-hand experience of participating in RCA
- Learning Path
- Apollo Root Cause Analysis Facilitators Course RCA201A
- RCA Incident Investigation RCA301A
- Super-User Courses RCA302A