- The purpose of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate an effective problem analysis.
- This course is ideal for anyone whose job involves problem-solving. As a minimum, all supervisors and lead personnel should take this course.
- During the course, the participants will apply everything learned to solve an exercise problem and each student will be given the opportunity to facilitate a group in effective analysis.
- The course provides a working knowledge of the Apollo Root Cause Analysis™ methodology. This is the most popular course, and the one taught in all public seminars. It assists anyone in understanding fundamental problem-solving processes and how to facilitate an effective investigation.
Why you should attend
- Suffering high maintenance costs and unplanned downtime
- Experiencing recurring problem and/or lack of confidence in current solutions
- Experiencing a lack of follow through on corrective actions
- Challenges in getting management and stakeholders to buy into our vision for reliability initiatives
- Duration and Delivery
- 2 days face-to-face classroom, or
- 15-hours remote web conferencing, typically over 3 days
- Who should attend
Supervisors, Engineers, LEAN Specialists, 6 Sigma Black Belts, Maintenance Trades, Designers Engineers, Safety Representatives, Operators, Administrators, Continuous / Healthcare Improvement Specialists, Business Analysts, IT Professionals, HR Personnel.
- Additional Information
When this course is provided privately, it can be extended to include a third day focusing on a client problem(s) with the team(s) facilitating to a resolution in a workshop environment using their new skills and following the methodology.
- Problem definition – what, when, where
- Why “who” is not important
- Causes and timelines
- 5 Whys and beyond
- Review of RealityCharting® software and practical experience using the software to generate charts and reports
- Cause and Effect Chart creation
- The need for Evidence
- Solution brainstorming
- Solution qualification
- Selecting effective solutions
- Group facilitation skills
- Common Traps
- Putting it all together
- Effective Problem Solving Culture
First hand experience of performing an RCA
- Learning Path
- Apollo Root Cause Analysis Facilitators Course RCA201A
- RCA Incident Investigation RCA301A
- Super-User Courses RCA302A