The complete course for demanding reliability application and calculations.
Course Key Learning
IEC 61508, & SIL FMEA methods needed to produce a SIL compliant FMEA for certification consideration. The use of probabilistic Reliability calculations in place of Monte Carlo Simulations allows the use to calculate precise values for a variety of reliability needs. Reliability Block Diagrams, Fault Tree and Event Tree Conversions precede the learning that enables the student to develop and calculate Markov Models, and use those Markov models as failure sources for more complex systems.
- RWB™ Overview
- FMEA/FMECA IEC 61508
- Direct Calculated Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD)
- Advanced RBD Methods - Overhauls, test intervals, conversions to Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis formats.
- Markov analysis - constructing models, defining phase transitions, base rates, time dependent rates,
- Library functions - Parts libraries
- Using failure data - Weibull Failure models.
- What is the duration of the course?
The course duration is 16 hours total. The course material can be split into 4 hour blocks across 4 days.
- Who should attend?
- Safety Engineers
- Designers Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Risk Specialists
- 6 Sigma Black Belts
- Maintenance Strategists
- Protection Engineers
- Plant Inspectors
- Industries that will benefit
- Oil and Gas
- Electronics Design
- Aero Space Engineering
- Chemical Industry