Rob Kalwarowsky, the host of Rob's Reliability Project, is joined by Steven Dobie (Teck Resources), Jeff Naylor (SIRF Roundtables), and Jason Apps (ARMS Reliability) to discuss the biggest issues in Mining, defect elimination and RCA, and how to start a reliability program.
- With respect to Reliability Engineering specifically, what is the worst thing about the Australian mining industry?
- How to get buy-in for reliability initiatives?
- Where should we start on our reliability journey?
- How do we build capability of our reliability team?
- The mining industry is known for large opex budgets, do these budgets improve reliability or can they promote poor reliability practices?
- How should we target our defect elimination efforts?
- How can we improve our ability to adapt to changing business and operating environments?
- What is the best strategy for managing and storing spares?
- How are Reliability and Safety intertwined? What can the Reliability function learn from Safety?
- What are the top metrics that are important in mobile maintenance when it comes to asset health?