- Broaden knowledge of the role of Asset Strategy Management (ASM) in the asset management system and the value it delivers.
- Learn the key elements for effective reliability strategy development.
- Understand the foundations of ASM and how to implement them.
- A course designed to give you everything you need to lead and manage an Asset Strategy Management (ASM) process. ASM is a business process describing how asset maintenance plans are managed over time to continue to provide the desired balance of risk, cost and performance.
- ASM has the objective of ensuring reliability strategy decisions (what you choose to do) and reliability strategy content (how you choose to do it and why you chose to do it) is optimal and implemented on all assets, all the time. To ensure that the optimal strategy is on all assets, all the time requires ongoing review, and update, of the performance of the asset, and adjustment of the reliability strategy to meet changing performance needs or operational conditions.
Why you should attend:
- High maintenance costs and unplanned downtime
- No line of sight from the tasks being executed in the field to reliability strategy decisions
- Challenges in benchmarking asset performance and measuring continuous improvements
- Inconsistent maintenance plans and Master Data
- Duration and Delivery
- 1-day face-to-face classroom, or
- 6-hours remote web conferencing
- Who should attend?
Reliability Leaders, Maintenance Managers, Asset Managers, Project Managers, Operations Managers, Continuous Improvement Managers, Strategy Optimization Managers.
- Establish current state of the reliability function in most industries and organizations.
- Describe the elements of reliability strategy covering an assets life cycle.
- Learn the key elements required for sound reliability strategy development or review.
- Provide an overview of the Asset Strategy Management process.
- Cover the three foundational phases of ASM; Build, Deploy, Sustain.
- Explore the value in connected reliability strategies and how to achieve them.
- Outline how ASM supports the development of a culture of reliability.
- Study the implementation options for ASM
Provides a foundation for reliability growth.
- Learning Path
RCM201 - Maintenance Strategy Development
Johan Schoeman, Reliability Specialist
The learnings from the Asset Strategy Management training session have been invaluable. The topics covered were most relevant for what we are trying to achieve and absolutely spot-on in delivering the tools and knowledge I need to be able to perform my role.