- Learn how to use the RCMCost module of Availability Workbench™.
- Develop logical, justified maintenance strategies following the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) approach directly in the software.
- Use the software to optimize your plans in a simulated environment leading to effective plan implementation. Analyse and utilise failure data to drive improvement.
- Deliver successful outcomes and meet business objectives through quantifying and calculating business benefits and risk reduction.
- How to use the RCMCost module of Availability Workbench™ and understand where it fits into the whole suite.
- Experience all the key features of RCMCost from model build through to simulations and results output.
- Participate in real world exercises to develop optimised maintenance strategies, and select the best strategy as a group.
- Linking the Weibull distribution to the logical Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) approach, this class will provide a justified outcome to maintenance strategies that can be implemented through to preventative maintenance documentation.
Why you should attend:
- Interested in Isograph’s Availability Workbench™ and want to see and learn how to use it.
- Currently following OEM recommendations, but would like to optimize.
- High maintenance costs and unplanned downtime.
- Want immediate performance improvement and to reduce costs, but don’t know where to start.
- Currently using too many generic or inconsistent strategies.
- A need to optimize spares due to significant downtime, unnecessary spending but unsure how to plan
- Duration and Delivery
- 2-days face-to-face classroom, or
- 15-hours remote web conferencing, typically over 3 days
- Who should attend?
Reliability Engineers, Project Engineers, Maintenance Analysts, Maintenance Supervisors, Design Engineers, Plant Performance Engineers.
Introducing RCMCost and the RCM methodology approach for maintenance optimization.
- How to justify maintenance by linking through Business Goals & Asset Strategies.
- Identifying system boundaries, functional analysis & failure mode definitions.
- Applying failure consequences for cost & risk, and failure frequencies. Analysing the Run-To-Failure strategy.
- Inspections, predictive maintenance & preventative choices. Understanding P-F intervals.
- Learning by doing exercises; understanding the complexities of calculating maintenance justification without computers.
- Building an RCM model from scratch. Performing task optimization as a group, identifying the optimal strategy & intervals, and justifying the reasons.
- Grouping of tasks to create maintenance plans.
- Preparing for implementation; load sheet into CMMS creation and preventative maintenance instruction documents.
Day 2 continued and Day 3 (Optional)
- Further learning by doing exercises, add complexity. Building an RCM model from scratch. Performing task optimization as a group, identifying the optimal strategy & intervals, and justifying the reasons. Showing the comparison of cost & risk.
- Importing failure data, creating Weibull sets, linking to the RCM model.
Enables engineers to efficiently develop justified, optimized maintenance strategies using the Isograph Availability Workbench RCMCost module. Provides a logical step into becoming an expert in using this reliability dedicated software.
- Learning Path
- Prerequisites: AWB101 – The Weibull Module.
- Next Steps: AWB301 – The AvSim Module, AWB401 – The LCC Module