- Learn how to use the AvSim (Availability Simulation) module of Availability Workbench™.
- Learn what a Reliability Block Diagram is used for and how to construct the logic to replicate a plant or system process.
- Acquire the skills to calculate system availability and capacity (throughput) figures over a lifetime. Build the model at a high level, or low level and capture maintenance task data, spares usage data and perform spares holding cost optimisation.
- How to use the AvSim module of Availability Workbench™ and understand where it fits into the whole suite.
- Experience all the key features of AvSim from model build through to simulations and results output.
- Participate in real world exercises to develop availability and capacity models which replicate reality as closely as possible using all the key features of AvSim.
- See how data from the Weibull module and RCMCost module can be easily and efficiently brought across into AvSim.
Why you should attend:
- Interested in Isograph’s Availability Workbench™ and want to see and learn how to use it.
- New greenfields site or applying a significant design change to an existing plant and want to know how the design will perform from an Availability and Capacity viewpoint using Reliability based data.
- Existing site and want to understand which assets in the plant are causing most loss of Availability.
- Want to model a plant shutdown / turnaround and understand differing scenarios to optimise intervals and durations.
- A need to optimize spares due to significant downtime, unnecessary spending but unsure how to plan.
- Duration and Delivery
- 2-days face-to-face classroom, or
- 15-hours remote web conferencing, typically over 3 days
- Additional information
When this course is provided privately, it can be extended to include a third day focusing on further client scenario exercises to drive a greater understanding of applying RBDs.
- Who should attend?
Reliability Engineers, Asset Performance Managers, Project Engineers, Maintenance Analysts, Maintenance Supervisors, Design Engineers, Plant Performance Engineers
- Introduction to System Availability Analysis
- Types of Reliability Block Diagram modelling
- Creating Reliability Block Diagrams; Series vs Parallel
- How to represent Capacity or Throughput
- The Process; including Consequences & Simulation
- Alternate Scenario Analysis
- Interactive Exercises to Build-up the RBD complexity
- RBD Software Exposure
- Adding Failure Modes & Maintenance
- Increasing Complexity with Nodes & Phases
- Interactive Exercises to Build-up RBD Skills
- Non Linear Capacity Loss
- Putting it all together
- Importing Data to Accelerate Model Building
Day 3 (Optional)
- Further learning by building an RBD as a group using a client system
Enables engineers to develop techniques for improving plant availability using the Isograph Availability Workbench AvSim module. Provides a logical step into becoming an expert in using this reliability dedicated software.
- Learning Path
Next Steps: AWB101 – The Weibull Module, AWB201 – The RCMCost Module, AWB401 – The LCC Module